Thursday 30 June 2011

June

All I can think to say is my PNL is more mean reverting than these spreads. To a good July!


EDIT: just updated the graph as I made some just now, all the spreads blew out within 5 minutes massively! 5 minutes seems like a long time when your waiting to sell the spread so obviously sold into it and kept doing so until I was like oh my god, need to get out looks like its never gonna stop. Each of my charts had a sharp line up, bobl ted went about 12-15 ticks in those 5 minutes, considering how I was complaining about a 25 tick move over the day in my previous posts, so it was a huge move. The schatz ted went 5 ticks and 4-5 ticks normally stops you out if there are no retraces which there weren't. Then the spreads reversed  so fast and came back most the way and I profited 400 from the move. Actually a really nice move in the end. July has cost over 5000 euros in comissions and therefore a bad month but I feel my results are good considering how bad the spreads have been. I have made 2100 euros since mid day yesterday (after I stopped out) which is impressive considering spreading is all about frequent small gains and infrequent big losses and normally when I stop out it takes longer to recover. Although the bobl ted has been really bad since I started trading it I really like it as I can leg prices a lot easier than the two other spreads I trade. The euribor schatz spread has so few opportunities and I am trading it less and less each day. Trading the euribor further out against the bobl means prices move faster and ranges are bigger so its alot more exciting too and I feel it's not so impossible to make a bag (1k) in a day trading the fly and bobl ted so I am hoping to recover my account and whack it back into positive figures so I can start drawing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment