Thursday 8 March 2012

Tough day but a good result

What a day! It's been such a success on a really tough day. Firstly in the bond spread (AUS vs US) it had already pushed up a lot yesterday and opened up today almost on the high. It then went about 2.5 ticks, so it had the potential to stop me out. I managed something around break even. Then soybeans made the biggest move I have ever seen, a smaller move last week cost me $1000, but this time it moved further and I made a small loss after costs and a profit before, which is incredible. I waited a big move before even entering and scalped it tightly as there was just no room to take any decent profit. Then at 11pm my time, the bond spread (US vs GER) blew out. I had a feeling it would but it's just a hunch so I try to ignore them as I end up missing opportunities. I got in and was taking about $100 profit and leaning on the US bond when it tanked, I quickly sold the other leg on the bund to remain in the spread with the intention to try and exit at the same price later.. As it fell I found 5 spots to make outright trades, all were profitable and made a total of $315. Everything I thought happened. It was surreal, firstly my hunch earlier was right and then I picked spots just perfectly to scalp on the US bond. I sold the bund and queued two prices below market to buy the US bond and when it rallied 1.5 ticks I  held the bund which was staying and then got filled, although I moved my queue 0.5 ticks higher to the next price, it did in fact fill the price below. I dunno just how much is down to good luck, but when I feel some information click together I go with my thoughts and seems to be doing well each day.

I feel asleep for about 3 seconds several times in the last hour, tried everything to keep myself awake.. it was almost 4 hours of intense starring and clicking after already doing 16 hours of less strenuous trading. I got out 2/3 of my position on the spread when it went up 8 ticks from a 40 tick downward move. I just bought almost the very low with half an hour left, with the intention of taking a loss on it if I need to and holding one clip. German bonds will open 8 hours after the US markets open but the spread doesn't really move during the time much. Seeing as I got my position average to the low with 1 clip and this spreads the lowest ever on my chart, probably worth holding.

Around break even after costs for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment