Friday 9 March 2012

The Week

I tried hard to adapt, waiting and waiting on soybeans before entering, because of the new bigger ranges. Continuing to be bid and offered on the bond spread more than 3 ticks apart! As well as aggressive to get size off when it retraces off a large move, sometimes I was taking off 2/3 of my position when it had retraced 5% or so. There are plenty of times when the spread ranges and you can make money, so it's important when the spread trends to just improve your average price and keep your size small as possible. Those times are not about squeezing some profit but by being in a good position if it return to the high and able to keep in it. I have to remind myself this as it's important in spreading imo. This week was v good for me and I think it's also down to some great outright trading or just the great results I had in outright trading or both who knows!



5 comments:

  1. Great blog. Thanks for posting details of your strategy and your trades - inspiring stuff.

    Which front end and data feed do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, right now I use Ninja Trader and CQG data feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your reply.

    It's interesting that you choose CQG for your data. There are certainly cheaper options (eSignal, iqFeed, ZenFire etc). Do you think that these cheaper feeds are lacking something? Do you have any first hand experience with them?

    I'm asking because I'm looking into purchasing a data feed. I was thinking of getting iqFeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only broker/clearing house able to provide me with australian bonds and cheap comissions for 1000-2000 lots a month was Apex/AMP GlOBAL Clearing and it came down to juse Ninja Trader with CQG. It's like $50 a month for software and there's no other costs and speed seems decent. I then use livecharts from esignal (real time data) which is like $110 for EUREX, CME and SFE which seems like a bargin. I never used anything else and just always seem to end up with CQG.

    Anyway I just quit trading, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info. Good luck in the future

    ReplyDelete