Tuesday 25 May 2010

Week 4: Day 2

On the open I sold the schatz for a quick profit and made several trades and by 8am I was up 150 euros, which is my profit target for the day. I felt each time I hit my target early I missed out on opportunities so I kept on trading and bought the spread on the low of the day at 7's, it went down and I bought 5.5's too, it carried on downwards, the euribor bids were pulled and it fell down, the schatz didn't follow. The spread was at 0's and instead of buying the spread I punted the euribor and made a quick tick profit. The spread moved up 2 ticks and came back down and I bought at just under 0's whilst still being long 5.5 and 7, I sold some at 2's so took a 2.5 tick profit, my largest winning trade yet but I still had two massive losing trades running. When it fall back down I did it again. My original trades seemed a mile away and when it moved up I sold them both at 4's and was back on 150 euros for the day. Having been down 575 euros it felt pretty good and it was great to not lose anything on the trade overall even though it went heavily against me. It was pretty scary having 3 clips on, which is really my limit although I am able to go further but I doubt I would.

With 3 clips on a 1 tick move against me is equal to my daily target each day! I could easily blow a weeks work in minutes so buying more really took some balls lol.. I felt like the downward move was complete and it was a good buying opportunity. Although at one point I was thinking about getting out the trade and almost did! I made one more trade to bring my day to +175 and called it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment