Wednesday 19 May 2010

Week 3: Day 3

At midnight last night Germany banned naked short selling of German bonds, which is what I trade and I wasn't sure the affects of it. There was also a rumour about the Euro breaking up and I decided to watch rather than get involved as did many others around me. I eventually traded at about 11am and made a tick. I made 2 other profitable trades for the day and finished at about 5pm, which is a long day when you get in before 7am!

I am having a really good run for the last 20 trades or so with only a couple of losing trades, which is awesome. Today I realised the schatz was making the spread range and the euribor was often not moving with the schatz. Therefore I normally entered with the schatz first much more and realised the best entry was when the euribor looked like it was about to go bid or offered and then to que the schatz, get filled and lift or hit the euribor depending if I was long or short. There were a lot of opportunities to leg and you could get a good price leaning on the euribor throughout the day. There were many more trades I mentally took which worked out well but didn't take because of the fear of rumours becoming fact. I really didn't wanna get caught offside of a huge movement.

I was feeling a little demotivated after losing 200 euros on Monday, but overall it's going well and I feel like I am improving and thinking about more each time I enter a trade. My goal right now is to be at least flat by the end of the month after commissions which for me are already over £500 for the month... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment