Tuesday 18 May 2010

Week 3: Day 2

On the open I waited for 7's and went long, it carried on down so I bought 5.5's, I was then queued to buy 4's but didn't get them. When you are looking to do a third average you know things are going bad and I would have bought 4's as they seemed hard to get otherwise I would be looking to dump the whole position at 4, or if I got 4's dump the whole position at 3. It then retraced and I sold 6.5's and 7's giving myself a tick profit by about 7.30am. I then did pretty much the same in the other direction, my first sell was too aggressive and I sold some more and bought them back half a tick cheaper and then did it again and I ended up scratching my original short too. I got stuck in a trade over lunch and grabbed lunch at about 2pm. When I got back I was pretty content with my day so was just sitting and watching but then I couldn't resist selling the high of the day, at first I didn't take the sell because it looked too easy, but then it became hard to do so I did it on a leg and then legged the other side for half a tick, I was in and out within 4 minutes which was one of my fastest trades so far.

One of my best days so far, and pretty cool considering I was down a lot when I was trying to buy 4's.

No comments:

Post a Comment