Wednesday 20 October 2010

Update on the month

Yesterday I was up 500 euros before the TED went down, I bought it and it kept going I had 48 by 60 on my largest position ever (600 euros a tick) I was on the verge of stopping out and by 9pm I reduced my position to 40% so I could hold it overnight and I was down around 800 euros. I also held 4 flys overnight and in the morning I came in and was shocked on the netting to see the fly which I had sold was printing up quite high, my PnL showed -2000 but that was based on settlements which don't mean too much, so I was really printing -1400 which was disastrous. Luckily the fly opened up at the same price and I got out for 100 euros profit on it. The TED came down lower and I got in and jobbed my position slightly. I had a chance to get out at a good price but only took a small amount off, as I always get out too soon, but it turned out to be the high of the day, sigh. It came down again and I couldn't really buy more so I felt pretty limited in what I could do. I was down 400 euros on the day and still had a loss of about 800 from yesterday and had all my costs to cover too.. I was short the fly now and basically took a loss of 300 euros on it, I couldn't see how it was going to break down as it seemed to have found a new range. I got flat with no positions on bringing yesterdays loss to a little over 500 euros and was up 130 for today. Even though it was approaching 4pm which isn't a great time to put a position on I decided I was going to stay. I made some great entry and exits on the TED and made 375 euros in about 20 minutes bringing my total gross profit to -39 euros for the two days which was good enough for me. After costs -£700 which is alot, but I could have been down a couple of thousand. The markets have been far from easy the schatz is impossible to lean, the price you are waiting to take gets taken by 1 person, and sometimes the next price gets taken all by one guy and your sitting there wondering if he will do it again, it's so hard to get in and out when it's like that. The good thing is it looks like I will make the target for eurex rebates which will be 2000 euros back for the month. Then there are some liffe rebates so I will cover my £1500 desk fee plus have extra left over and I am up £500 net for the month and I feel like it's been really tough for this week and last.

No comments:

Post a Comment