Sunday 8 August 2010

Results and thoughts for the week

My week was OK but I did expect more from it, I lost 400 euros in 1 trade trading something I am still new too and I am taking a break from it and concentrating on the Euribor-Schatz spread, which made me about 1000 euros this week.

(gross in euros)
Mon: +360
Tue: -485
Wed: +327
Thur: +210
Fri: +250

On Friday I was able to trade 2 clips and take them off for a tick profit and then later managed to get a tick and a half from a trade and I could have easily made a couple hundred more as the markets were moved but the spreads held in giving good opportunities but unfortunately family problems caused me to stop trading after lunch.

I am really pleased that I am putting in 300 euro days already and my boss has talked about sizing up next week although I am already putting on my 3rd clip 1/2 tick in if im confident. Because really if I make money trading 2 clips, it won't be any different trading 10! only psychologically and actually I can understand why many people are still trading 1 clip who have been there a few years. It is because when you lose in spreading you lose big! therefore on 1 clip I have had down days of 900 euros so with 3 clips it could be 3 times that! but simply if you have been trading for years then you are making money why not just trade bigger size and you will make more, up to a point of course, because it is easy for the market to absorb any size I would think to sizing up to so of course I am going to try. It is mentally challenging to size up so early but if I take a hit I can just trade 1 clip and then do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment