Monday 2 August 2010

A new month!

Today I traded 8 by 10, twice the size I started on. I have been trading 8 by 10 (i.e 2 clips) a little but this month hopefully is the end of 4 by 5 (1 clip). The nice thing with starting with 2 clips instead of 1 is I can take half of it off and still be hedged in the correct ratio and then put it back on without missing a move in my favour.

Today I was trading non stop from 7am to 9.20am and did virtually nothing for the rest of the day. I came in and bought the Schatz outright with 10 lots and sold for half a tick higher within seconds then sold the spread price of 22  with 2 clips and took 1 clip off at 21.5 and put the clip back on at 22 and did the same again. Then 22.5's came on and I sold 1 more clip, bringing my position to 12 by 15 (3 clips) which is 150 euros for 1 tick!. I then took 1 clip off at 22 and another off at 21.5 put 1 clip back on at 22 and took it off at 21.5 and my final clip off at 21's. I forget what else I did, I traded the fly and punted a little but barely made much from it. A nice start to the month at least, interesting to see where trading leads me and a little unsettling knowing I could blow out tomorrow as in blow out for the day, but feeling more positive and surprised just how well the last 6 trading days have gone.

A lot of guys where I work who make good money are trading 4 by 5 albeit averaging tightly but I have been pretty aggressive in trying to get my size up, taking full advantage of having two relaxed backers and knowing too well from poker the importance of moving up but especially in trading where there is no difference trading 20 by 25 or 4 by 5 because they are both so relatively small anyway. Therefore I really want to get my size up and not let my emotions get in the way and not fall victim to thoughts such as "I made 100 euros, lets keep this money" then sit on 100 euros just because I don't want the pain of knowing I was up 100 euros and then looking at -300 euros...

Goal: Make 1200 euros for the week and then trade some 12 by 15 in good spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment