Wednesday 21 July 2010

roller coaster day again

Well today I got to work for 7am having slept less than 4 hours.. I stayed an amazing 12 hours and on the open I was quickly up 108 euros, I was pretty aggressive and continued to do so and the same shit happened again, the TED goes up and I am stuck selling it and to make matters worse I am buying the bund/bobl/schatz fly which is plummeting... Around 10 or 11am I had basically maxed out my limits and my pnl was fluctuating between -200 and -700 really fast and it wasn't a pleasant experience! Everytime i que'd the schatz I had to take market... and it was really getting to me, at the end of the day I was queing the schatz  which had less than 50 on the bid, 8 of them were mine and I was waiting for about 30 seconds, it looked like it had to trade and if just something traded I would have finished up 140! a massive recovery... but the schatz went massively bid and I was forced to get back into the fly and 1 hour later I have sold more flys and now down 140 for the day. I felt so annoyed knowing just 3 ticks which is nothing on the fly would bring me down another 90 euros but luckily ben bernanke gave his speach at 7pm and I was able to get out and punted the bobl for 30 euros finishing up 90 euros, which is definately my best recovery yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment