Saturday 6 January 2018

Week 1

Unfortunately I started trading when the market had its biggest move in 2 years, as always I have horrible timing. Not that it matters because I just act on tape reading, so a big move can be very profitable at times its just I was settling down with real money and felt a bit uneasy in my first hour and it was plummeting, I didnt really lose much but the next day I did and I realized I was sick.. I traded the next couple days and realized okay I am quite sick. I also traded outside the hours I was trading on the sim and realized its a terrible idea to trade with low volume, its difficult to read and I filtered my trades to within peak hours and it showed I was actually up and all my loses had been outside those hours. I suffered a $1300 loss in total after costs and as christmas and new year were approaching I had to take 2 weeks off because I didnt wanna blow my chance trading over a period where many traders arent at their desks, the market behaves differently at these times..

I planned on starting on the 8th of Jan and to keep within the hours, so I only trade when theres good volume, but i couldnt wait any longer. It seemed most people were back so I wiped the loss out of my mind and traded. I felt it was a little difficult at times, it felt a bit glitchy to me and i hovered around breakeven until Friday where I put in a pretty good day.

I decided to make this week 1 as its the first week of 2018.

Week 1

Trades: 107
Gross: $525
Net: $180.46

All in all I was happy with my trading, I know I can improve, I missed some excellent opportunities by hesistating and I feel if I can continue making money it will only help me relax and trade better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment